GROSTRONG Mintrate is a high-quality, pelleted, protein-vitamin-mineral product designed for use in situations where additional protein is needed, especially in rations for growing horses and gestating and lactating broodmares.
Mineral and vitamin supplementation is necessary for horses for several reasons:
- Required for digestion and utilization of feedstuffs and for most metabolic processes
- Due to mineral depletion of soils, feedstuff nutrient value is lower
- Mineral and vitamin content of forages varies greatly
- Due to vitamin-mineral interactions, these nutrients need to be supplied in the correct amounts and proportions to achieve optimum performance
- Supplemental protein may be required based on growth requirements, reproductive stage, and forage quality.
GROSTRONG Mintrate provides the necessary protein, minerals, and vitamins to complement forages and grains, enabling horses to reach their performance potential. GROSTRONG Mintrate combines the advantages of GROSTRONG Minerals with high-quality protein sources. It is the result of unsurpassed formulation expertise and leading edge technology. Over 100 years of formulation and manufacturing expertise back the reliability and nutritional soundness of GROSTRONG Mintrate. GROSTRONG Mintrate, a FORAGE FIRST® Mineral and Vitamin Product, is a key component of the FORAGE FIRST program. FORAGE FIRST programs combine good-quality forage, GROSTRONG vitamin-mineral products, and energy-based products, when needed, to produce balanced total rations. With this combination of feeds, horses can be healthy and perform at their best when fed less grain than they would receive from traditional horse rations. Consequently, horses are at less risk of metabolic and digestive disorders and DOD that may result from high-starch intake.